It is a day for discovering wind, its power and the possibilities it holds to change our world. The focus of the day is to provide the public with an opportunity to visit wind farms and see how wind energy is generated and for wind power experts to help educate people on the power of the wind. Thousands of individuals are involved in the production of energy from the wind, and in more than 80 countries around the world, wind farms are in operation, generating energy from a clean and renewable source.
When it comes to refreshing, remodelling and redesigning the interiors of our homes we often only consider aesthetics. After all, this is a chance to express ourselves and create an environment that really makes our families feel comfortable. But shouldn’t we also think about the world around us?
In this article we’re going to show that it’s possible to have great looking interiors that are also kind to the planet. You might even find that a green approach saves you money in terms of materials and heating bills as well as saving and expending less energy.
The technology to capture solar energy and use it in a variety of ways is rapidly developing. It is an exciting time in the industry with large scale, efficient solar farms generating power from the sun on a massive scale. Whilst most of these large-scale developments focus on converting the suns energy into electricity, other solar devices are also being designed like the solar powered cooking grill a solar device that generates diesel from the air. In a domestic setting the capture of solar power is still limited but we can expect to see some exciting development in the future.
Draft budget documents show that the Trump Administration is preparing to ask Congress to slash 2019 funding for clean energy research by 72%, the Washington Post reported.
Trump wants to cut the budget for the Energy Department’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) from $2.04 billion for this fiscal year to $575.5 million for the 2019 fiscal year. According to the Washington Post, the president’s requests also include:
European lawmakers have backed measures that would substantially raise the European Union’s clean-energy ambitions. By 2030, more than one-third of energy consumed in the EU should be from renewable sources such as wind and solar power, the European Parliament says — up from the existing target of just over one-quarter. But the decision is not yet legally binding: the Parliament will now need to negotiate the plan with national governments, which could attempt to lower the targets.
Do you have any home improvement projects on the radar in 2018? Why not make them eco-friendly? Eco-friendly or environmentally friendly are those products that claim reduced, minimal, or no harm upon ecosystems or the environment. Environmentally conscious updates to your living space can save you money and help preserve the environment.
With just couple of days left for new year to set in, let’s start this new year with some easy and eco-friendly projects that have minimum impact on the environment. Here are 18 eco-conscious home improvement ideas for 2018.
There has been a loud cry for clean, more efficient, less carbon sources of energy all over the world. About 22 percent of electricity on the world is produced by renewable energy, while the remaining 78 percent is by the use of fossil fuels — gas, coal, etc. This accounts for the massive global warming worldwide; and also the desertification, gully erosion and flooding experienced in some parts of Africa.
Since the Arctic will never be frozen again, and plastic pollution in the oceans is rampant, I can understand why you feel 2017 was a bad year to be a planet. But you'd be wrong. For every bad-news story, there are little rays of hope, people who stood up and fought or just, you know, recycled. All the small acts of kindness to animals and the environment added up to big changes. Here are some of the best things that 2017 had to offer.
New England’s state renewable energy laws provide numerous benefits and are key to the region’s efforts to combat climate change. But these popular laws are under attack, as opponents seek to undermine them and prop up polluting energy instead. This week, NRDC pushed back against one such challenge.
The usage of electricity is commensurate with the energy costs. It therefore means that the more you use electricity, the more you’ll have to pay for it. To make matters worse, we are in an age where almost all our essential tech devices need constant charge to function as desired. For this reason, electricity bills will continue to amount as long as we continue depending on our tech devices to carry out our day to day activities.